Looks like being crass is the trend these days that films follow and everyone seems to be taking to it rather nicely. Just watched Dum Maro Dum and the first 30 minutes of the film is really crass (for my ears at least). I'd say the name of the film is very apt, sticks to the plot all the time.
Last time round when Bluff master released, I was a huge Abhishek Bacchan fan and this time round, while he does act well, he does not stir any emotions. Though, I'd say intense eyes. Plus he is really good in cop roles.
So this ain't really a review but me talking about what I liked and what I did not. So first, what I liked:
1. Prateik Babbar. Ubber cute! Yes, he is good and will get better with age!
2. Rana Daggubatti. He is good looking, needs to work on his expressions though.
3. Deepika Padukone. Super dancing, hot white dress and just gets hotter in each film!
4. Camera work. Superb shots - Goa never looked so amazing on film and Rohan Sippy has managed to capture the real essence that drives the film.
5. Love the revamped Dum Maro Dum.
And here's what I did not like:
1. Bipasha Basu. Complete waste. The emaciated look doesn't work either.
2. Too many songs. Bah. These are the lowest points in the film. A film like this doesn't need so many songs. The title track is good enough to be run through the entire film.
3. Very stretchy. Sigh...once the cops crashed the rave party, I thought it was over for good. They should have ended it there.
4. I wish Michael Barbossa was a real man or at least the name had a face to it in the end.
5. Aditya Pancholi. Okay the man can act but lacks the punch to be a ruthless villain.
6. AB Jr.'s dead wife appearing out of nowhere in the forest. Most annoying moment that!
On the whole Dum Maro Dum is a good watch minus the silly glitches. Time Pass hai.